Mr. Ryan has been active in the San Diego legal community and has given numerous presentations to local family law judges and attorneys. As a mobilized U.S. Marine serving as a judge advocate/attorney he helped thousands of service members with their family law issues and the American Bar Association (ABA) recognized his contributions to military family law. He also served as a Co-Chair of the Military Law Section of the San Diego County Bar Association.
CERTIFICATIONS AND AWARDS
- Completed National Conflict Resolution Center Mediation Skill Training course Meritorious Service Medal, U.S. Marine Corps
- Award from American Bar Association for Contributions to Military Family Law New York Law School Moot Court Association, Member
- Member, State Bar of New York
- Presented family law seminars to California judges and local bar associations
- Presented seminars to local Navy and Marine Corps Judge Advocates
- Organized and moderated Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) Seminar presentations to San Diego County Bar
- Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, Judge Advocate
- Mobilized to serve as Officer in Charge of Legal Assistance, MCAS Miramar
RYAN FAMILY LAW AND THE MILITARY
Our strong history of helping service members and their dependents with their family law needs has its roots in Mr. Ryan’s deep military history. Mr. Ryan spent his initial tour as a U.S. Marine Corps judge advocate/attorney and then as an assistant series commander at MCRD San Diego from 1992 through the end of 1993. Subsequently, immediately after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the Marine Corps mobilized Mr. Ryan to return to active duty and he served as the Director of Legal Assistance at MCAS Miramar for eight years. He received the U.S. Marine Corps Meritorious Service Medal and also served as Co-Chair of the San Diego County Bar Association Military Law Section. We at Ryan Family Law have extensive experience dealing with DFAS, the division of military retirement benefits, to include addressing the impact of the recently enacted NDAA 2017 on the division of military pensions. We “speak military” at Ryan Family Law and you can be assured we will safeguard all your rights and benefits during your family law proceeding.