Helping People In San Diego Obtain Annulments
Annulments are a relatively uncommon family law issue that not every attorney can handle. To qualify for an annulment, the couple must meet specific requirements and present their case to a California family court judge. Ryan Family Law helps couples in the San Diego metro area annul their marriages and move forward with their lives.
The fastest way for you to determine if you qualify for an annulment is to contact our office and speak with our experienced family law attorney. We have three San Diego offices so that people across the metropolitan area can conveniently talk to our legal team. You can schedule your free phone consultation now by calling us at 858-222-6600.
Who Can Get An Annulment?
While annulments are similar to divorce filings, the main difference is that in legal terms it will be as if your marriage never existed. Because an annulment eliminates a marriage, there are strict requirements for who can get an annulment. Generally, these restrictions are related to information that if a person knew beforehand, they would not have married.
There are many reasons why a California family court judge may grant an annulment, including:
- Both individuals are closely blood-related
- A spouse was already married to another person before getting married again
- Either party was under the age of 18 at the time of marriage
- The marriage was the result of fraud
- A spouse is not mentally fit or was not of sound mind at the time of marriage
- One spouse forced another into marriage
- One spouse has a physical incapacity, commonly male impotence, that prevents physical relations
We will review the circumstances of your marriage and determine if an annulment is possible. If you do not qualify for an annulment, our family law attorney will go over your separation options.
Start The Annulment Process In A Free Consultation
Waiting to start the separation process will not help your case. You can talk to our trusted lawyer in a free phone consultation by calling us at 858-222-6600. We are also available for questions by email.